Re: [netcdfgroup] [Nexus] [Hdf-forum] Detecting netCDF versus HDF5 -- PROPOSED SOLUTIONS --REQUEST FOR COMMENTS

Hi Russ

>>>However, there are HDF5 files that netCDF-4 will not open and read, by
>>>design. See the answer to the FAQ  How can I convert HDF5 files into
>>>netCDF-4 files?, which lists some HDF5 features netCDF-4 >>>>intentionally
>>>does not support

yes !

that was my impression debugging the code some years ago, netCDF was *
intentionally * returning a failure on a pure HDF5 file
glad you pointed that document, I had missed that

Pedro Vicente
pedro.vicente@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
https://twitter.com/_pedro__vicente
http://www.space-research.org/

-- PROPOSED SOLUTIONS --REQUEST FOR COMMENTS

  On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 1:56 PM, Ed Hartnett <edwardjameshartnett@xxxxxxxxx>