Re: [netcdfgroup] How old is NetCDF?

Fascinating! I guess the late 1980’s was a good time to be a software developer
— there was obviously a great need for standardization of data and metadata
formats and software to optimize access and usability. GrADS was also born
around that time (1988), as was GRIB, BUFR, and HDF. I am sorry to have missed
netcdf-party-4.0.
—Jennifer (#ncfangirl)