Re: [netcdfgroup] How old is NetCDF?

We'll never be able to beat the (virtual) party we had for netCDF-4.0. From
the history page that Russ provided:

The first beta release of netCDF-4.0 was celebrated with a giant party at
Unidata in April, 2007. Over 2000 people danced 'til dawn at the NCAR Mesa
Lab, listening to the Flaming Lips and the Denver Gilbert & Sullivan
repertory company. Brittany Spears performed the world-premire of her smash
hit "Format me baby, one more time."

Ed