Re: [netcdfgroup] mfhdf.h not found even though it's present

The option --enable-hdf4  only tells it to compile to use hdf4, it does not
tell it where that resides, and /usr/include/hdf must not be in your search
paths. I forget the exact form of the option that tells it that but it is
something like:

--with-hdf4=

You can find out by typing
./configure --help

at the command line.

HTH,

-Roy

On Aug 11, 2010, at 7:47 AM, Andreas wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to compile netcdf4.1.1 on an Ubuntu 10.04 amd64 box. I'm
> using the dpkg-buildpackage command, which in call calls ./configure::
>
>    ./configure --enable-netcdf4 --enable-hdf4 --enable-cxx-4
>
> During the conftests, I get the following error:
>
>    | #include <mfhdf.h>
>    configure:25870: result: no
>    configure:25870: checking for mfhdf.h
>    configure:25870: result: no
>    configure:25883: error: Cannot find mfhdf.h, yet --enable-hdf4 was
> used.
>
> However, mfhdf.h is present in /usr/include/hdf::
>
>    $ find /usr/include/ | grep mfhdf.h
>    /usr/include/hdf/mfhdf.h
>
> I suppose the problem is that mfhdf.h is in /usr/include/hdf, while
> libmfhdf.* is in /usr/lib. How can I fix this?
>
> Thanks for your insight,
>
> Andreas.

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst