Re: [netcdfgroup] Compiling netCDF in Fortran

glad to be of help.  Will be offline for a few hours if you run into problems.

-Roy

On Jul 29, 2010, at 2:56 PM, Jose Borrero wrote:

> On 29/07/2010, at 5:38 PM, Roy Mendelssohn wrote:
>
>> Yes it goes into the options line.
>>
>> The fink version compiles netcdf with an option set that puts the C
>> libraries in libnetcdf and the FORTRAN libraries in libnetcdff  (that is not
>> a typo), so you need both.  There are two -L's set, since the libraries live
>> in different locations.
>>
>> The other errors have to do with options on how a compiler stores the names
>> of functions in libraries, and what you are compiling with does not use the
>> same options as what the libraries were compiled with.
>>
>> I would suggest changing the g77 to gfortran in the make file.  If you still
>> get errors, could you give which version of the Mac OS you have, as well as
>> do the following in the terminal and give the results:
>>
>> which gfortran
>>
>> gfortran --version
>>
>> fink --version
>
> Roy,
>
> Thank you for the clarification.  Those details (like netcdf and netcdff) I
> would have never known in a million years...
>
> I also had no idea I had gfortran and g77 installed.
>
> Anyway, this set up worked:
>
> ==============================
> F77         =  gfortran
> OBJ         =  most3_x
> SRC         =  most3_nc_x.f offtime.f timestep.f swlon.f swlat.f swrun03.f
> surf_read.f surf_run.f rgrd1.f rgrd2.f
> OPT = -O -I/sw/lib/netcdf-gfortran/include -L/sw/lib -lnetcdf
> -L/sw/lib/netcdf-gfortran/lib  -lnetcdff
>
> $(OBJ):  $(SRC)
>       $(F77) $(SRC) $(OPT) -o $(OBJ)
> ==============================
>
> IT seems like the code is now running.  I will do a few tests and let you
> know.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> -jose

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst