[netcdfgroup] Grib2 & C++ development plans

  • To: <netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [netcdfgroup] Grib2 & C++ development plans
  • From: "Matthew Plumlee" <mdp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 15:26:33 -0400
  • Mailscanner-null-check: 1274383593.92004@kKLHZArNXYGrMu3Vn1G7Bg
Howdy,

   I've been tasked with converting some NetCDF-Java code to C or
(hopefully) C++, and this code makes use of the Grib-reading capabilities of
the Java interface.  Is there anyone currently working on Grib-reading in
the "core" NetCDF library?

If not, is there anyone interested in getting me up to speed enough that I
could make my work helpful to y'all in getting grib into a 4.x release?  I
saw it somewhere in a master plan someplace, but it looks like it got
dropped out of the NetCDF Release Schedule, unless it fits under
transmutation of base metals. J

Thanks for any direction you can offer!

Cheers,

--Matt P.