[netcdf-porting] Failing test to open non-netcdf file

NOTE: The netcdf-porting mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Hi,

I built netcdf4.1.1 and 4.1.2beta 32 and 64 bits with VS2010. In all builds the nc_test.exe pass all but 3 tests that are

FAILURE at line 105 of ..\..\..\nc_test\test_read.c: nc_open of non-netCDF file: status = 2
        ### 1 FAILURES TESTING nc_open! ###

Now, I cannot be absolutely sure (... but almost) that this is the same reason why GMT crashes in a test where at a certain point it it attempts to open a non-netcdf file.

With 4.1.1 this problem is more clearly presented with an assertion failure, but not on 4.1.2b

What shall I do with this info? Report it as a bug? But there is no support for Windows, so how could it be investigated?

Thanks

Joaquim Luis

  • Search the netcdf-porting archives: