Re: [netcdf-java] Fwd: cordex rotatedpole help

> Forgot to send this to mail list. BTW, I prefer the github issues on the
> relevant repository, which keeps everything public.

Noted. And I actually would also prefer that. I just wasn't sure what the
policy about this was, since it is kind of an error on the data producer
side.

> it looks like they forgot to add false_easting and false_northing
> parameters.
>

> If I use the following ncml to add those:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";
>
> location="03_tas_EUR-11_CNRM-CERFACS-CNRM-CM5_rcp85_r1i1p1_CNRM-ALADIN63_v2_day_20510101-20551231.nc">
>
> <variable name="Lambert_Conformal" >
>   <attribute name="false_easting" type="float" value="2800" />
>   <attribute name="false_northing" type="float" value="2800" />
> </variable>
>
> </netcdf>
>
> i get the attached image

You are right... From my conversions I was also seeing a distortion. But
indeed it seems to just be a shift, same way as for the rotatedpole issues.
Well, I have to admit that I am quite glad about it, since that means that
the projection part is properly handled.

Thanks a ton,
Andrea