Re: [netcdf-java] NoSuchMethodError

Now I'm confused. I looked at the 5.5.1 release notes
https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-java/releases/tag/v5.5.1 . It
specifically says you still support Java 8 (and will try to until
netcdf-java v6) and that you tested with Temurin 8 from the (Eclipse
Adoptium project), which is what I test with.

And I'll add that my tests found some additional problems similar to the
one I reported previously:

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
java.nio.ShortBuffer.position(I)Ljava/nio/ShortBuffer;
 at ucar.nc2.iosp.IospHelper.readData(IospHelper.java:335)
 at ucar.nc2.iosp.IospHelper.readDataFill(IospHelper.java:288)
 at ucar.nc2.internal.iosp.hdf4.H4iosp.readData(H4iosp.java:168)

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
java.nio.FloatBuffer.position(I)Ljava/nio/FloatBuffer;
 at ucar.nc2.iosp.IospHelper.readData(IospHelper.java:367)
 at ucar.nc2.iosp.IospHelper.readDataFill(IospHelper.java:288)
 at ucar.nc2.internal.iosp.hdf5.H5iospNew.readData(H5iospNew.java:226)

 Thanks for looking into this.