Re: [netcdf-java] Subsetting with getRangesFromLatLonRect

  • To: Antonio Rodriges <antonio.rrz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdf-java] Subsetting with getRangesFromLatLonRect
  • From: Christian Ward-Garrison <cwardgar@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 10:12:23 -0600
Hi Antonio,

Yeah, our versions are a little convoluted right now. The current release
versions is 4.6.2, which is probably what you're using. We also have two
unreleased in-development versions: 4.6.3 and 5.0.0. We decided to put
GridCoverage (which replaces GeoGrid and fixes the dateline issue) on 5.0.0
because it is a large change that isn't backwards-compatible. Clients will
have to rewrite parts of their code to take advantage of that, but it
couldn't really be helped. Better to wrap those changes in a MAJOR-version
increase (i.e. v4 -> v5) than a PATCH-version increase (i.e. v4.6.2 ->
v4.6.3) [1].

Cheers,
Christian

[1] http://semver.org/