Re: [netcdf-java] Subsetting with getRangesFromLatLonRect

  • To: Antonio Rodriges <antonio.rrz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdf-java] Subsetting with getRangesFromLatLonRect
  • From: Christian Ward-Garrison <cwardgar@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 16:48:47 -0600
Hi Antonio,

There are many longstanding issues concerning grids that cross the date
line, and this is one of them. It's actually a very hard problem to solve
in a way that doesn't break existing clients (e.g. the IDV), but we finally
have a solution for it in the upcoming NetCDF-Java v5.0. Until then,
hopefully you can work around the date line weirdness.

Cheers,
Christian