Re: [netcdf-java] Errors reading certain NetCDF4 data

  • To: Christian Ward-Garrison <cwardgar@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdf-java] Errors reading certain NetCDF4 data
  • From: Antonio Rodriges <antonio.rrz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 08:33:05 +0300
Christian:

Thank you for researching my problem. "Slow" is used not for absolute
value but for comparison between read speed of the unchunked file and
chunked one. I read a single (lat, lon) point from a file at a time
for the whole available time period

I used
ncks.exe -4 --cnk_dmn lat,4 --cnk_dmn lon,4 --cnk_dmn time,512 2014.nc
2014_ch.nc
to rechunk the original file to "speed up" point reading operations.

It takes about 700 ms to read 6 neighbours points in the same
geographical region on SSD drive what I think could be much improved
with certain tuning.

Kind regards
Antonio