Re: [netcdf-java] ArrayString

Hi Rodrigo,

I think the problem is that when ArrayString was added a few years back the
Array.factory() method was not modified to handle it. I have added an issue
for this [1] to our issue tracking system. You can "watch" this issue if
you wish to follow our progress. I don't think a fix for this issue will
make it into netCDF-Java/CDM 4.5.4 which is already in the process of being
released.

The ArrayString.factory() method is what should get called when
Array.factory(DataType.STRING, ...) is called. So, the only risk in calling
it directly is that it isn't a public method which means you'll have to
kludge things a bit to call it. And, as a non-public method we don't really
guarantee its existence like we do public methods.

Cheers,

Ethan

[1] https://bugtracking.unidata.ucar.edu/browse/TDS-614