Re: [netcdf-java] Level II Radar Data null pointer

Hi Mike,

Running ncdump (both from NetCDF-Java and NetCDF-C) shows no variable named "pixel_y" in your example file. Are you sure it's in there?

-Christian

On 2014-04-01 7:52 AM, Michael Scuffham wrote:
Hey all,

I am currently going through a small subset of my data (about 15,000 netcdf files) and transferring Spectrum Width, Reflectivity, and Velocity values to a database. I am filtering out some of the values by only looking at a certain range of the pixel_y values. However, only about 13,000 of the files get successfully transferred because when I try to find the pixel_y variable, it just returns null on those 2,000 or so missing files. I've looked at some of the specific files that don't get transferred using the NetCDF tools.jar interface and when I do an nc dump on pixel_y, the values are definitely in there. I've attached one of the troublesome files as well as a bit of Java code that attempts to read the file. Has anybody ran into this issue or have any ideas? Thanks a lot!

-Mike S