Re: [netcdf-java] gribtonc replacement

Hi Nick:

gribtonc is indeed very much out of date and is deprecated, although if youve been maintaining the templates you need, then it may be fine.

Have you tried using the netcdf-java library? man page is here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/reference/manPages.html#nccopy

"fileIn" is the grib file and "fileOut" is the netcdf file.

GRIB is a difficult format to get 100% right, you may need to be familiar with the edges, especially with tables:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/formats/GribFiles.html

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/formats/GribTables.html

Im not sure about the equivalent -q functionality, quasi-regular grids are simply expanded to be regular grids, using cubic splines i think.

Try it and let me know how it goes.

John