Looks like a problem with unexpected chars in the variable names,
probably not the httpclient client library.
Ill let you know what we figure out, but it may involve an upgrade on
Thanks for reporting it!
On 5/17/2011 7:24 AM, tsanah@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi John (Caron),
We have a problem using Panoply to access the following data via
And I also find
NetCDF-Java ToolsUI (webstart) also failed...
Testing on Ferret and GrADD all worked fine.
Robert Schmunk (Panoply developer at GISS/NASA) has this to say
"In trying to get a better grip on what might be the problem in the
I have found that the Apache httpclient library that ships in the
distribution is rather old, version 3.1 rather than the current 4.1.1.
Some of the
referenced classes, in fact entire packages, seem to have been
renamed. For example, it looks like what used to be
is now various subpackages of "org.apache.http.*".
This likely explains why Unidata have indicated that they are
portion of their code which involves HTTP connections, and why it is
than expected for a fix to just the one authentication bug that I
I'm trying to poke around in the source code for httpclient 3.1 to see
if I can
figure out why the "server failed to respond" error message is being
I'm not sure about it yet, but it's possible that it is getting a
when it's trying to read and parse from an InputStream, it's somehow
netcdf-java mailing list
For list information or to unsubscribe, visit: