From: netcdf-java-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:netcdf-java-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Don Murray
Sent: 21 March 2011 14:13
To: netcdf-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [netcdf-java] create time series from grids

Hi John-

On 3/20/11 9:54 PM, John.C.Cartwright@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm looking to create a time series from a set of grids using a single
> geographic coordinate.
>
> I'm assuming that I need to use something like
> GridDatatype#readDataSlice and calculate array indexes from the geo coords.
>
> Is there a better way?

As far as I know, there is nothing explicit in the ucar.nc2.dt.grid
package, but you could follow the example of
thredds.server.ncSubset.GridPointWriter which uses
ucar.nc2.dt.grid.GridAsPointDataset to read data from a grid at a point.
  That's what the TDS and RAMADDA use for their respective Grid as Point
services.

Don
--
Don Murray