Re: [netcdf-java] create time series from grids

Hi John-

On 3/20/11 9:54 PM, John.C.Cartwright@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello All,

I'm looking to create a time series from a set of grids using a single
geographic coordinate.

I'm assuming that I need to use something like
GridDatatype#readDataSlice and calculate array indexes from the geo coords.

Is there a better way?

As far as I know, there is nothing explicit in the ucar.nc2.dt.grid package, but you could follow the example of thredds.server.ncSubset.GridPointWriter which uses ucar.nc2.dt.grid.GridAsPointDataset to read data from a grid at a point. That's what the TDS and RAMADDA use for their respective Grid as Point services.

Don
--
Don Murray
NOAA/ESRL/PSD and CIRES