Re: [netcdf-java] NetCDF jars=>Maven Central Repos?

Hello Chris

There is the current state:

* The root pom.xml now compile the following modules:

  - unidataCommon (include also the sources from the "common" directory)
  - grib
  - opendap
  - cdm (actually "netcdf")

I verified that the "unidataCommon", "grib" and "opendap" JAR files produced by Maven have a content very similar to the one that we get from the download page. The "cdm" (a.k.a. "netcdf" module) compile, but still work in progress.

OPEN ISSUES
NetCDF have a dependency to com.sleepycat.je, which is available on the http://download.oracle.com/maven repository. This violate the requirement to depends only on Maven Central. However since I think that this dependency is optional at runtime (can someone from Unidata confirm?), maybe we can declare this dependency as <scope>provided</scope>.

NetCDF also have a dependency to VisAD-nodods, which is deployed on http://maven.geotoolkit.org repository. I'm not aware of an other repository. Same issue than above, and same proposed solution.

Mavenizing NetCDF is already quite a large amount of work; I don't really feel up to mavenizing VisAD too...

HOW TO TEST
If anyone feel ready to test, please follow the instruction in that page:

http://hg.geotoolkit.org/netcdf-deploy/raw-file/tip/README.txt

        Regards

                Martin