Re: [netcdf-java] [netcdfgroup] NetCDF jars=>Maven Central Repos?

On 11/2/2010 12:52 PM, Don Murray wrote:
John-

On 11/2/10 11:24 AM, John Caron wrote:

Having said that, there are various worms in the individual cans, er,
jars. For example, standard Visad delivers an old and (I think)
conflicting version of opendap. So we have to unpack it and remove that
into our "VisadNoDods.jar". Perhaps a better thing for us to do is to
rename the packages to eliminate the conflict.

The "OPeNDAP" classes in visad.jar are all in the old dods.* packages so if you've migrated the nj classes to use the opendap.* package then there is no need to take the classes out of visad.jar anymore.

thanks, i was wondering about that.

There are also cases where particular versions of external JAR files are needed (some developers are not so good at making things backward compatible). In the IDV, we packaged the required JAR files in one big JAR file so we know exactly what we are using when problems are encountered. Versionitis between JARs (and forking) are problematic.

Don
---
Don Murray
NOAA/ESRL/PSD and CIRES