Re: [netcdf-java] ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException from ucar.nc2.dt.grid.GeoGrid.readDataSlice() while reading GRIB2 files

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009, Kyle Watson wrote:

Hello,

I had sent an email regarding this issue a while ago and updated to the 4.1
candidate 2 library to fix it, and it seems to have been fixed for the
Hawaii files I am using from the National Weather Serviceʼs NDFD.  I am
receiving an AIOOB Exception when calling the readDataSlice method for Guam,
though.

Kyle,

Even though the Guam files have the same outward appearance as the Hawaii files, the internal packing structure flow for the data was different. I made a modification to accommodate the difference. I'll make a Grib package release later today where you could replace the grib-8.0.jar or you can wait for a snap-shot release. I don't know what the schedule is for the snap-shot release.

Robb...

The GRIB2 file is attached and the stack trace can be found below.

Nov 17, 2009 10:38:37 PM ucar.nc2.dt.grid.GeoGrid readDataSlice

SEVERE: GeoGrid.getdataSlice() on dataset Wind_direction_from_which_blowing

atucar.grib.grib2.Grib2DataSection.complexUnpacking(Grib2DataSection.java:384
)

        at
ucar.grib.grib2.Grib2DataSection.<init>(Grib2DataSection.java:165)

        at ucar.grib.grib2.Grib2Data.getData(Grib2Data.java:124)

atucar.nc2.iosp.grib.GribGridServiceProvider._readData(GribGridServiceProvide
r.java:413)

atucar.nc2.iosp.grid.GridServiceProvider.readXY(GridServiceProvider.java:398)

atucar.nc2.iosp.grid.GridServiceProvider.readData(GridServiceProvider.java:30
1)

        at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.readData(NetcdfFile.java:1743)

        at ucar.nc2.Variable._read(Variable.java:990)

        at ucar.nc2.Variable.read(Variable.java:789)

        at ucar.nc2.dataset.VariableDS._read(VariableDS.java:500)

        at ucar.nc2.Variable.read(Variable.java:789)

        at ucar.nc2.Variable.read(Variable.java:735)

        at ucar.nc2.dt.grid.GeoGrid.readDataSlice(GeoGrid.java:613)

        at ucar.nc2.dt.grid.GeoGrid.readDataSlice(GeoGrid.java:524)

        at util.DecodeGrib.decodeGribs(DecodeGrib.java:341)

        at util.DecodeGrib.main(DecodeGrib.java:838)

Regards,

Kyle Watson

rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/