Re: [netcdf-java] Configuring GRIB tables in NetCDF

  • To: rkambic <rkambic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdf-java] Configuring GRIB tables in NetCDF
  • From: "Tor Christian Bekkvik" <torc@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 16:02:51 +0200
Hi,
The GribPDSParamTable.addParameterUserLookup call did not seem to help
in my case; the resulting parameter names/units reported for my gribfile
was still not affected.
Probable cause:
The addParameterUserLookup call only applies to GRIB-1
(ucar.grib.grib1.GribPDSParamTable), while my gribfile triggered the
GRIB-2 parser in NetCDF (from NetcdfDataset.openDataset(grib2file);)

Questions:
-1) Could Netcdf be instructed/hinted to prefer the GRIB-1 reader, when
possible ?  (JGRIB, a grib-1 reader, was able to read my file)

-2) Is there another way to configure GRIB tables (or parameter
interpretation) in NetCDF which now would work for both GRIB-1 and
GRIB-2 ?

Thanks,
-Tor C