Re: [netcdf-java] using pre-defined grib index files

Hi John,

thanks for your quick response.

If I'm going to use a single index (to save time), it can't be named <filename>.gbx, because I want to use one index file for multiple grib files, so I can save the time of making an index each time I read a similar file. I'm assuming the index is a property of the particular fields that are in a file, but not values in the field. If the indices differ depending on the data in the files, then this obviously won't work.

If it can work, then I'd like to specify a specific index file, like 'RR.gbx' to work for all the RR (Rapid Refresh model, actually) files.

By the way, what is "TDS"?

-Bill