Re: [netcdf-java] Status of udunits in Java

Thanks John - so am I correct in assuming that the Java port of
udunits should be able to understand every unit that the original
udunits can?

Cheers, Jon

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 3:46 PM, John Caron <caron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Jon:
>
> ucar.units package has been stable for some years now, so its the same
> between 2.2 and 4.0. there is a separate version in the idv release, which
> is tuned for the visad packages.
>
> ucar.units is actively maintained; if you find bugs we'll fix them
> (eventually). new features may be less likely.
>
> there is no separate release so you'll need to extract it from the nj
> release.
> Regards,
> John
>
> Jon Blower wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm not sure whether I should be posting this to the udunits list, so
>> apologies if I'm on the wrong list.  I'm interested in using the Java
>> port of udunits, separate from the NetCDF libs.  As far as I can tell
>> the only way to get hold of Java-udunits is to download the source of
>> the NetCDF libs, is that right?  Is Java-udunits under active
>> maintenance?  Is the version used by nj4 different from that used in
>> nj22?
>>
>> Cheers, Jon

Dr Jon Blower Tel: +44 118 378 5213 (direct line)
Technical Director Tel: +44 118 378 8741 (ESSC)
Reading e-Science Centre Fax: +44 118 378 6413
ESSC Email: j.d.blower@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
University of Reading
3 Earley Gate
Reading RG6 6AL, UK