Re: [netcdf-java] Opening a GridDataset for large NcML aggregations

Aggregations are done when NetcdfDataset is opened, which should get cached. But I remember noticing that the aggregation was not getting cached. I will check it out.

Jon Blower wrote:
Hi John,

Yes, I thought it might be the scanning that takes the time.  I had
assumed that the scanning takes place when you open a NetcdfDataset,
but I guess I'm wrong?  Perhaps this implies that I need a
GridDatatypeCache as well as a NetcdfDatasetCache?  (Caching is making
my head hurt, there are too many in my application already ;-)

Cheers, Jon