[netcdf-java] Persisting a NetcdfDatasetCache

Hi,

My server application (ncWMS) uses the NetcdfDatasetCache as an
in-memory store of metadata to increase performance and reduce the
need to continually reload metadata from files.  It would be really
useful if I could persist the cache to disk so that the metadata is
available following a server restart (saves trawling through all the
data files again).

Is it possible to save the contents of a NetcdfDatasetCache to disk?
I notice that it isn't marked Serializable.

Cheers, Jon

Dr Jon Blower Tel: +44 118 378 5213 (direct line)
Technical Director Tel: +44 118 378 8741 (ESSC)
Reading e-Science Centre Fax: +44 118 378 6413
ESSC Email: jdb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
University of Reading
3 Earley Gate
Reading RG6 6AL, UK