Re: [netcdf-java] Problems reading data in polar stereographic projection

Yes, i can imagine that a polar projection will give bad results for the
lat/lon BB. We really need to replace that with a bounding polyline. Does
WMS/WCS allow other than lat/lon bounding boz?

I did check the dataset pointed to by ArcticTEP.ncml, and it had a reasonable
bounding box:

 LLbb= ll: 34.57N 79.65W+ ur: 90.0N 169.6E

still not great, but not empty at least. I see that you're using TDS 3.14, im
not sure if ive fixed a bug (im testing with 4.0.11 alpha) or we are looking at
different datasets.... Ill make a release on monday so that you can check
against 4.0, and i'll look at your specific dataset next week.

Jon Blower wrote:
Hi John,

That's brilliant, thanks very much.  Everything (nearly) now appears to work:

http://lovejoy.nerc-essc.ac.uk:8080/ncWMS/mersea.html?menu=MERSEA&layer=MERSEA_ARCTIC_TOPAZ/temperature&elevation=-5&time=2008-01-24T00:00:00Z&scale=-3.055269694328308,22.592125034332277&bbox=-65.039062,18.28125,24.960938,88.59375

However, there seems to be a problem with
GridCoordSystem.getLatLonBoundingBox() for this dataset (presumably
because of the polar stereographic projection).  This function returns
a zero-sized bounding box (with minLat = maxLat).  The longitude range
also appears wrong.  I would expect this to return a BBOX of the form
(-180, minLat, 180, 90), i.e. covering the full longitude range and
ranging from some minimum latitude to the North Pole.

The ncml file is attached that contains your metadata corrections, in
case you want to test getLatLonBoundingBox().

Cheers, Jon