Re: [netcdf-java] OPeNDAP authentication using nj22

ok, having actually read your message below, it appears that the opendap call is failing, so the netcdf-java tries an HTTP request that needs the getRange() capabity. to remove that possibility, change your URL from http://etc to dods://etc.

an error message may be coming out in your logs (if that is set up). you might try following it in the debugger if you can and see why it fails. also check that it really is succeeding in the ToolsUI at the exact time its failing in you code.

im at a conference so cant help much more till next week...

Jon Blower wrote:
Further information on this: I can connect successfully to the server
in question using the toolsUI-2.2.22.jar, but I still can't via my own
application.  I've had a quick look at the code for HttpClientManager
and HTTPRandomAccessFile and perhaps there is a call to
setDoAuthentication() missing?

Cheers, Jon