Re: NetCDF-java, OpenDAP & Matlab

Rich Signell wrote:

John Caron wrote:

i have it on my "answer this email" list.
currently im sick and just doing triage. also, i will be gone next week so i may not get to it until after Tday.

but heres a short answer:

i assume matlab has acceess to all public classes and methods?

then you may want to open as ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset to get access to coordinate systems, or better, with ucar.nc2.dataset.grid.GridDataset (if its a grid)

John,

Thanks for the help -- I tried:

import ucar.nc2.dods.*    % import opendap reader classes
import ucar.nc2.dataset.grid.*    % import opendap reader classes
import ucar.nc2.dataset.*    % import opendap reader classes

% Grab some data from this URL
s=DODSNetcdfFile(url);
foo=GridDataset(s);

should be GridDataset.open(name)

but I get

??? No constructor ucar.nc2.dataset.grid.GridDataset with matching signature found

But that's not surprising considering I don't have a clue what I'm doing here.

What do you suggest the best way to get spun up on this is? I don't know jake about Java -- is there a book or web site/tutorial that you would recommend, or a few simple examples of code?

are the javadocs any help?

I'll look forward to hearing from you after Turkey day.

Here's hoping you get better soon and that your white meat stays moist!

Thanks,
Rich