Re: NetCDF java libraries: versions 1 and 2

Thanks for your email!  The first 4 bytes of the file are "CDF1", so I
don't think I am seeing the CDF2 issue.

It doesn't appear to me that I am seeing truncated files, because I can
run NCDump using the webstart netcdfTools on the unidata web site and I
see a successful output.

But this didn't work on June 22.  On that day the netcdfTools threw an
exception:

java.io.IOException: File is truncated calculated size= 23262660 actual
= 23262596
        at ucar.nc2.N3header.read(N3header.java:236)
        at ucar.nc2.N3iosp.open(N3iosp.java:92)
        at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.<init>(NetcdfFile.java:730)
        at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:329)
        at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:214)
        at ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile.open(NetcdfFile.java:161)
        at
ucar.nc2.dataset.NetcdfDataset.openFile(NetcdfDataset.java:171)
        at ucar.nc2.ui.ToolsUI$NCdumpPanel.run(ToolsUI.java:849)
        at ucar.nc2.ui.ToolsUI$GetDataTask.run(ToolsUI.java:1917)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

and now it works fine on the same file (it is a MINC file from the
Montreal group).

I am willing to go in and patch the version 1 code myself, but it would
be helpful if I knew what I was looking for.  Do you think you could
lend me some insight as to what the problem/fix was?

Many thanks,
Scott