Re: Netcdf-4 on Mac OS X with Fortran 95 (90)

"Roy Mendelssohn" <Roy.Mendelssohn@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Can you tell me what settings you had set when you used gfortan?  Did
> you do f77 also and what did you use for that.
>
> I will then try to do the make and will send you the results if it
> doesn't work.
>
> -Roy

I have gcc 4.0.2 - I believe there are more recent versions.

It comes with gfortran.

I then build with:

FC=gfortran ./configure --enable-netcdf-4 --with-hdf5=/somewhere && make check

I don't have to set anything to get gfortran working, the configure
script takes care of it all.

If you have gfortran there is no need to use g77 any more. gfortran is
a complete replacement. You should build netCDF with gfortran and the
F77 API will build with gfortran as well, which is perfectly fine.

Ed
--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx