Re: linking problems with HDF5 on cygwin...

Elena Pourmal <epourmal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Ed,
>
> Probably  -lhdf5_hl should be before -lhdf5....
>
> Elena

Thanks Elena!

(And thanks to James and Quincey too!)

Yes, hdf_hl needs to be first, of course. It's obvious in
retrospect. I've changed it and now everything works again.

And for some reason that caused another set of neurons in my brain to
fire and I now see that the ideal way to distribute netCDF-4 will be
to have it contain HDF5 and build hdf5 and hdf5_hl as convenience
libraries.

Then users would still only have to link it with -lnetcdf and yet I
can use the hdf5 configure without modification (except for one
teeny-weeny change), and everything will be handled by libtool magic.

James, any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

Ed

--