question about HDF5 parallel use of unlimited dimensions...

Howdy all!

I have a question about parallel programming with HDF5. Do parallel
programmers just not use unlimited dimensions?

I noticed that H5Dextend is a collective operation. This would make it
difficult for programs to add a record at a time.

Alternatively I could imagine a scheme where extending the dataset
would be buffered - some large number of records could be added
whenever the current batch is used up.

Any thoughts or comments about the use or misuse of unlimited
dimensions with HDF5 parallel would be most welcome.

Thanks!

Ed

--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx