Re: [ldm-users] dish

Patrick,

I know of one entity that utilizes a 7m dish.
But bigger, as they say, does not necessarily mean better. Let me explain.
Gilbert,

What a wonderful story :)

I'm hoping to find if anyone has completed studies with antenna gain utilizing DVBS-2. I have always had at minimum 10ft dish size, and a new investor has asked a "what would you like" type of question :)

Parabolic Dish Antenna Gain studies have been completed over the years, but I have only done one study with my own dishes. It has generally been known over the years that there is an appreciable gain in the L - Ka bands vs antenna diameter, especially in the smaller sub 3 meter dish sizes. For example, here is a chart from the Australian Space Academy on the very subject. I was simply hoping to see who has what out there, because as I learned a long time ago, size does indeed sometimes matter :) And I've always been stuck with the smaller sizes. I do know that Stonie mentioned 'something' one time awhile ago, and I have always known that his dish(es) were always larger than mine :) ... Almost forgot the paste the chart... here you go... please notice the curve :)

cheers,

--patrick

PNG image

  • Search the ldm-users archives: