Re: [ldm-users] queue size

My 2 cents.

My queues are typically for the processing of real-time data.  I don’t
generally keep an hour of data in the queue because I have redundancy and
in general if data coming across is more than 20-30 minutes old I’m going
to ignore it anyway.   I know that most data is archived elsewhere and I’m
not interested in keeping an archive— just wanting to process what I get in
real-time.

I played around with keeping the queue in Ramdisk, but I didn’t see that it
gained me much. The queue is in mapped memory so the ramdisk really only
seemed to help when when stopping LDM because that’s when things takes
longer depending on queue size.

I usually set offset time to 10 minutes so when I start things up I don’t
try to backfill much.

Note: I’ve been running for quite a while with no problems.  But, feel free
to correct anything I’ve got wrong.

--
*"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it's
too dark to read."*

Karen.Cooper@xxxxxxxx

Phone#:  405-325-6456
Cell:   405-834-8559