[ldm-users] queue size

So nobody had anything to say on the subject of queue size? :) (thanks to everyone that wrote privately providing feeds until the new dish(es) are up :)

Essentially where I was going with the question, is I know that I'm old.. but I seem to recall somewhere along the line that the idea behind the ldm queue size, is that it should be able to hold somewhere around 1 hour's (or more) of data... well that value has changed a lot over the years, as the volume of noaaport has changed too!

So I was just wondering if there were any new thoughts on that subject... I plan to do some analysis, but was just thinking... how much do we need now, compared to what we needed 10, or 15 years ago? and how cool it was, and does it matter? etc... :)

Just hoping to start a discussion!

cheers,

--patrick

wxprofessor @  gmail . com