[ldm-users] UNIDATA: Potential loss of history and knowledge

  • To: "Knight, David" <dknight@xxxxxxxxxx>, Steven Emmerson <emmerson@xxxxxxxx>, Mohan Ramamurthy <mohan@xxxxxxxx>, Tom Yoksas <yoksas@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ldm-users] UNIDATA: Potential loss of history and knowledge
  • From: "Herbster, Christopher G." <herbstec@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 01:28:22 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=erau.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=erau.edu; dkim=pass header.d=erau.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=Sfo1utRIn2PLNqDLYhrtH+AZNb4dooVvfEPt+HhxaGI=; b=H7KrdrlmgUKtX52j48Oszs+rKDVb3raYx76M4wr0tgNJ+hqYnKoifv1RsAHiTSfwN33zfHWee09KkZsJcUP+1tEro4InJNHMsQRVyt8tB1VS7jCiJ1N+d4SZpusVU/YwEsLp471xSAzr9I9qgEcK98zFD1PbHLUgeTGPB/9w1+pJzBmeoIwfT73nJGogxAGBZ8+C/RpXnpSiIDBPxpEWAxf9Z+BhtUhEvtCySFciz49BWQShc8GlS+MP9UOMw0Oq7+3QwaxkovXHpH7nk0Sa8OpBvckQg0GCHjLNia7BuUIrAnxzhNbxx9jAj99KHf48AN6iuH5wI1BUK4fi97vvzg==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=gNkDsMxZFw5bezNoYAxq5nvcXH5fjmN7yLftoAsiR+iDyTBl2LGG7eBlet7L8Y7wjAQW31c6g5Ic4DnGt0k0/dh2DOUtzFhOze1QJ0/1g3+hNU5aaeNK82FB1c7Gc9fCxa9qXdasF+96Jy6FLhrOMIzY/MBdDUCaGaR4c9s/Rzr7Xo/lIp/WqqAUT1jkJJFRfhJS9j0Zx2gs1qR2oblqc/86IFR4SBzgHLalHhIdsrbPeFbkyKhyTBkqDSDSAB1CdIi2pzzwQvCxcTBW+RiDVf9/d45gZA8V0MViqS1AuYUeTA86LFHJ5XzGoNTf+aIuOdIpCwQlnntvrVXOQD1X3w==
Sorry, I can't hold this in.  One of my greatest fears is a year of high
attrition form our great staff at Unidata.  The volume of knowledge held by you
long termers is massive.  Perhaps now is a time to ponder creating legacy
videos.  Some of you know the entire history of the LDM.  This is important
knowledge to share and, more importantly, remember!

(We have seen what a sudden unexpected loss can do.)

My uncle is going to work with me on recording some oral history of our family.
 Maybe you guys can give us a set of tablets that we can use to understand the
future.  Okay, maybe not that, but you know what I mean.

Just some thoughts.
Thanks for all that you do,
CH

PS  Changed the subject for impact

Christopher Herbster, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Meteorology
Applied Aviation Science
Daytona Beach Campus

1 Aerospace Boulevard
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
386.226.6444
christopher.herbster@xxxxxxxx<mailto:christopher.herbster@xxxxxxxx>

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Florida | Arizona | Worldwide

[cid:16e50082-7940-4359-b52c-d1993992e9b4]

386.226.6446 Weather Center
http://wx.erau.edu/

Schedule at:  http://wx.erau.edu/faculty/herbster/Schedules/