[ldm-users] 20190605: re: 20190604: major upcoming change to IDD NIMAGE datastream

Hi Gilbert and other ldm-users,

re:
>I have questions about this transition, and I'm confused about a few
>things, so hopefully this can be cleared up.

OK, ready...

re:
>First: Does this affect anything on the SATELLITE/nee DIFAX feed?

No.

re:
>That is
>strictly for data coming across the GRB feed and will stay there, correct?

Correct.

re:
>Second: What about those who have their own ingest dishes? If they use IDD
>as a backup, will they need to have a duplicate feed coming across: one
>from their dish on NOTHER/EXP, and one from UNIDATA? If so...

The NOAAPort ingest package that is bundled with the LDM has not been
changed.  The contents of the NOTHER and HDS datastreams have not been
altered.  We are stitching together the ABI L2 image tiles and stripping
off the NOAAPort headers and footers on a non-ingest machine.

re:
>Third: Does this require an LDM or LDM database upgrade, the latter of
>which can be done automagically in the latest version, 6.13.11?

No.

re:
>Fourth: Can the LDM switch the NOAAport-ingested GOES products over to
>NIMAGE as well to avoid duplicating the UNIDATA feed on the current
>feedtypes IF a site has their own dish/receiver?

I am not sure that I fully understand this question.

For the time being, the NOAAPort ingest capability that is packaged with
the LDM will continue to classify the ABI L2 tiles and some of the other
L2 products in the NOTHER datastream.  The other L2 products that are in
the HDS feed will continue to be in the HDS feed.  We realize that this
split between two different feeds for the unaltered, NOAAPort-delivered
products should be addressed, but this will have to wait as there are
lots of more critical items that need attention.

re:
>Thank you for the clarification in advance,

No worries.

--
Unidata User Support                              UCAR Unidata Program <

  • Search the ldm-users archives: