Re: [ldm-users] Missing/Duplicated RTMA grids on noaaport NGRID feed

  • To: "Herzmann, Daryl E [AGRON]" <akrherz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] Missing/Duplicated RTMA grids on noaaport NGRID feed
  • From: Gilbert Sebenste <gilbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 11:02:53 -0600
And then there’s this:

320
NOUS41 KWBC 121530
PNSWSH

Service Change Notice 19-07
National Weather Service Headquarters Silver Spring MD
830 AM EDT Mon Feb 04 2019

To:  Subscribers
 -NOAA Weather Wire Service
 -Emergency Managers Weather Information Network
 -NOAAPORT
 Other NWS Partners, Users and Employees

From:  Carissa Klemmer
 NCEP Central Operations, Acting IDSB Chief

Subject:  Temporary change of SBN/NOAAPORT transmission of
 National Blend of Models (NBM) Guidance
 Effective March 11-13, 2019

On or about Monday, March 11, 2019, beginning with the 1200
Universal Time Coordinated (UTC), the National Center's for
Environmental Prediction (NCEP) Central Operations team will
temporarily stop dissemination of the National Blend of Models
(NBM) guidance over the CONUS, OCONUS (Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto
Rico), and Oceanic National Digital Forecast Database (NDFD)
domains for specific forecast hours and cycles over the
Satellite Broadcast Network (SBN)/NOAAPORT.

During this period, the NWS will conduct in-depth testing with
the SBN to help refine and improve the reliability and
availability of NCEP model products disseminated via the
SBN/NOAAPort.

The test will discontinue the dissemination of all guidance from
forecast hour 84-180, via the SBN, for the following NBM hourly
cycles: 00, 05, 07, 12, 17, and 19 UTC. While the test is in
progress, all NBM data will remain accessible via the NCEP and
NWS Websites (IE NOMADS and tgftp).

The product WMO headers that will be impacted are online at:
https://www.weather.gov/media/mdl/NBM_WMO_header.pdf

The test will be terminated on or around 1800Z of March 13,
2019. At the conclusion of the test, NCEP Central Operations
will restart the dissemination of all NBM hourly cycles via the
SBN/NOAAPORT. Guidance on the products impacted and their
availability can found under NWS SCN 17-59.

A web page describing the NBM can be found at:
http://w2.weather.gov/mdl/nbm_home

Any questions, comments or requests regarding this test should
be directed to the contacts below. We will review any feedback
and decide whether to proceed.

For questions regarding the data flow, please contact:

Carissa Klemmer
NCEP Central Operations
301-683-0567
ncep.list.pmb-dataflow@xxxxxxxx

NWS National Service Change Notices are online at:

https://www.weather.gov/notification/

—-

Gilbert