Re: [ldm-users] LDM switching and NOAAPort

There’s no guarantee that products will arrive in sequential order.  It is
incumbent on your plotting software to read the times from header data and
assemble the frames in an animation correctly.  Assuming they will arrive in
the correct order is not going to cut it.

The point was not to be eristic David, but to highlight a flaw in LDM that
previously did not exist.  😊

For example if we examine dates in files thusly:
cd /home/ldm/data/gempak/nexrad/TDWR/${SITE}/${PROD}/
set FILE=`ls -t | head -1`
set YEAR=`ls -t | head -1 | awk -F "_" '{print $2}' | awk '{print
substr($0,1,4)}'`
set MO=`ls -t | head -1 | awk -F "_" '{print $2}' | awk '{print
substr($0,5,2)}'`
set DY=`ls -t | head -1 | awk -F "_" '{print $2}' | awk '{print
substr($0,7,2)}'`
set HR=`ls -t | head -1 | awk -F "_" '{print $3}' | awk '{print
substr($0,1,2)}'`
set MN=`ls -t | head -1 | awk -F "_" '{print $3}' | awk '{print
substr($0,3,2)}'`

and then copy those files to a storage directory for animation, and then use a
patterhn_type glob ‘*.gif’ for animation.. what will happen?

Of course the files will be named based upon the dates provided by the source,
but how will the files be ordered via glob for animation? Based upon time
receipt of course!

Now the question remains, if I have two noaaport dishes side-by-side, and
latency receipts of those files are based upon an order of time of X, and
written based upon the defined time, how could an “older” file be ordered ahead
of a “newer” file? 😊

If you need help with further understanding, please let me know! I’m an old
man, and one of the greatest things in my life has been to assist those in the
unidata community over the years.

Cheers!

--patrick

Patrick L. Francis