Re: [ldm-users] GOES-16 to GOES East switchover

It is possible, but the full resolution of GOES 16 cannot be realized via GINI.
GINI only supports whole integer spatial resolution definitions. GOES R has
0.5km for Channel 2.

Stonie

On December 14, 2017 9:04:19 AM CST, "Heideman, Greg"
<Greg.Heideman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Hi Pete,
>
>re:
>> Is anyone out there currently using the GINI imagery that comes in
>over
>> NOAAPORT that could not use similar imagery if it came in in McIDAS
>AREA
>> format instead?
>
>We are using the GINI imagery directly in a Legacy application.  We
>would not be able to make use of McIDAS  AREA format data.
>
>It would be idea if the GOES-16 data were transcribed to GINI format,
>and included in the existing GINI composite images, and broadcast over
>NOAAPORT.
>
>A gut can dream, can't he?  :-)
>
>-Greg

>CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole
>use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be
>Garmin confidential and/or Garmin legally privileged. If you have
>received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply email
>and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of
>this communication (including attachments) by someone other than the
>intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.

  • Search the ldm-users archives: