Re: [ldm-users] GOES-16 to GOES East switchover

  • To: Pete Pokrandt <poker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] GOES-16 to GOES East switchover
  • From: "Heideman, Greg" <Greg.Heideman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 15:04:19 +0000
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
Hi Pete,

re:
> Is anyone out there currently using the GINI imagery that comes in over
> NOAAPORT that could not use similar imagery if it came in in McIDAS AREA
> format instead?

We are using the GINI imagery directly in a Legacy application.  We would not
be able to make use of McIDAS  AREA format data.

It would be idea if the GOES-16 data were transcribed to GINI format, and
included in the existing GINI composite images, and broadcast over NOAAPORT.

A gut can dream, can't he?  :-)

-Greg

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be Garmin
confidential and/or Garmin legally privileged. If you have received this email
in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication (including
attachments) by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank
you.
  • Search the ldm-users archives: