Re: [ldm-users] GOES-16 to GOES East switchover

Hey Pete,

Thanks for the update.

re:
> Is anyone out there currently using the GINI imagery that comes in over
> NOAAPORT that could not use similar imagery if it came in in McIDAS AREA
> format instead?

We do use the GINI imagery, and would eventually need a replacement
for the GINICOMP imagery.  I figured I'd have to mock something up
myself, but if AREA files came over NOAAPort we could use those.  I'm
saying NOAAPort though because our internet bandwidth can get
congested at times, so if they come over internet only then I may
still end up making my own.  My two cents anyways.

-Mike

Mike Zuranski
Meteorology Support Analyst
College of DuPage - Nexlab