Re: [ldm-users] Request for Upstream Feed

Hi All,

I’m an alum and volunteer for the Ohio State Department of Geography and assist with the upkeep of our LDM. We are in the process of switching servers (from our own physical server to university managed servers) and as a result our domain name/IP is about to change. I no longer have contact with those who currently provide data to us. Would a fellow educational institution be willing to serve as a fallback to Unidata as an upstream feed for us? (Please feel free to contact me directly)

There used to be an online directory at Unidata’s site with all of the admins for various institutions but I think it has been taken offline, so hopefully this is the appropriate channel for such a request.

Thank you in advance.

Phil,

We have ample room to provide backup to you if you can't find a better sources, especially since you're a Buckeye, and not Wolv (I can't bring myself to finish that word! lol) ... It looks like our ping to you is about 29ms or so... you might want to trace:

5r1.modelweather.com
5r2.modelweather.com

both sit on the Hurricane Electric backbone so the only bottleneck should be the hop to I2

Since you are in Ohio, and I live here too (my servers are in MSP), let me know if you ever need any help with the dish or your boxes :)

cheers,

--patrick

…………………………………………………………...........

Patrick L. Francis

Vice President of Research & Development

Aeris Weather

http://aerisweather.com/

http://modelweather.com/

wxprofessor@xxxxxxxxx