Re: [ldm-users] FYI...NOAAport transition update

  • To: Tom McDermott <tmcderm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] FYI...NOAAport transition update
  • From: Gilbert Sebenste <gilbert@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 19:48:28 +0000
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
Hi Tom,

At this point, few details are available, except that's when they will have the
feed going on both satellites.
If you do not have a dish, but receive the feed from the IDD, you *may* not see
any issues, but there's usually been a few glitches/brief outages in the
transitions of the past. But, UNIDATA and their upstream sites will all have to
move their dishes, so there is always a possibility something could happen for
a bit. Otherwise, if you feed from the aggregate feed, my post was more that
you are aware of what is happening, and when.

And BTW, adjusting a satellite 3.8 or larger dish in the middle of winter in
the northern latitudes is about as much fun as eating glass. For those of us
who are doing just that, I tip my hat to you already...

Gilbert

Gilbert Sebenste
Staff Meteorologist

Environmental Health and Safety
Labs for Wellness 154 | DeKalb, Illinois 60115
815-753-5492
gilbert@xxxxxxx
http://weather.admin.niu.edu

Everyone. Home. Safely.