Re: [ldm-users] configuration file question

Blair-

Been there, done that! Obviously, you need to implement a cron job that tars or
bzips up critical system files like that and maintain a rotating archive. We do
a day of the week and monthly backups, which allows us to go back a year. These
archives are rsynced to an offsite backup. We also use an inexpensive USB
external drive to do period backups of critical stuff. Since I'm old, I usually
print out a hardcopy of the pqact.conf and throw it in the file.

Another critical cron task is to monitor disk space and alert you when it gets
out of control.

Depending on the editor you were using, it may have saved a backup copy of the
file. With some editors, it will try to save a special copy if the editor
crashes. Check your /tmp to see if any backup copy was written there.

Good luck!

Rodger

Rodger R. Getz, President and CEO
AWIS Weather Services
1735 East University Drive, Suite 101
Auburn, AL 36830-5204

Website: http://www.awis.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AWISWeatherServices
Phone: (334) 826-2149 ext 1004
Toll-free: (888) 798-9955 ext 1004
Toll-free Fax: (888) 374-8027

which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.