Re: [ldm-users] Testing to see if a METAR or RAOB report is included in your LDM Feed

  • To: "Capehart, William J" <William.Capehart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] Testing to see if a METAR or RAOB report is included in your LDM Feed
  • From: daryl herzmann <akrherz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 11:22:25 -0500 (CDT)
Hi,

You may wish to create a temporary pqact entry that simply dumps all data to disk.

IDS|DDPLUS      ^...... .... (..)(..)
        FILE    offline/text/(\1:yyyy)(\1:mm)\1\2.txt

Then you'll get one file per hour that you can simply 'grep' through and look for various strings. You can probably restrict the WMO headers to only those you think has METAR data in them, but you never know if that misses some products or not.

I have many days worth of data like the above, so if you want to send me those METAR site IDs off-list, I could grep through my files for them.

daryl

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013, Capehart, William J wrote:

Hi All

We are trying to add some obscure METAR / ASOS stations that we see in
commercial software but we've had some difficulty seeing it in the LDM feed.

Is there a way to scan the LDM feed as it comes in to see if these METAR/SPECI
reports are included in our streams?

Thanks Much
Bill Capehart <William.Capehart@xxxxxxxxx>   Associate Professor
Department of Atmospheric Sciences           AES PhD Coordinator
213 Mineral Industries Building             Skype/EVO: wcapehart
South Dakota School of Mines and Technology  Ph: +1-605-394-1994
501 East Saint Joseph Street                Fax: +1-605-394-6061
Rapid City, SD 57701-3995                Mobile: +1-605-484-5692

--
/**
 * Daryl Herzmann

  • Search the ldm-users archives: