Re: [ldm-users] signal charts

As I explained to Patrick - experience helps.

And that is our lab dish. You don't want to see the stats on our operational
system.

For the farm types on the list - stats are on a dish I assembled in my barn and
set in place with a 1966 John Deere 3020 with a Gnuse 3-pt. folklift. You can
do these by yourself with some additional equipment.

Gilbert Sebenste <sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012, Patrick L. Francis wrote:

> I have noaaport signal characteristic chart compilations
> on my personal server here:
>
> http://wn.hamweather.net/
>
> from the few sources that I know about (center table)...
>
> Certainly there must be a few more of us charting signal
> quality out there! :o)

Thanks, Patrick! That is helpful. I really want to know how the heck
Planetary Data gets 17.0 C/N off a 3.8 meter dish while everyone else is
struggling to make 15, even with excellent equipment. I know he's got a
3.8 meter dish, and the LNB can't be much better than the Norsat 3120
I have.

Gilbert

Gilbert Sebenste ********
(My opinions only!) ******