Re: [ldm-users] Downstream LDM Problems

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011, Phil Birnie wrote:

Hi Steve & Gilbert, all.

Thanks for your response and help.

Some good progress.... first: silly, silly problem -- and a major oversight on my part -- even after all of the preaching re: a synchronized clock at the workshop. The clock was set to CDT instead of EDT; none of the products were coming in until 1 hour later. Once we set the clock, everything began working as it should. The minutes and seconds looked fine; I didn't notice that the hour was one off.

Heh. You know, I have to stop assuming everyone is running NTP and
they have their time zone set correctly. Years ago, I had this issue,
and I remember scratching my head on it until I think, if I remember correctly, I glanced at the clock and wondered why it was so close to quitting time. Then I looked at the big clock on my wall, and realized...oops! The data then flowed.

You've *got* to get logging enabled on Twister2. Is it a Linux system?
If so, what is the value of the SELINUX parameter in the file
"/etc/selinux/config"?
If it isn't "disabled", then set it to that value.

Yes, it is set to this "disabled". I am Unix competent but not an expert. If you have any advice here, I'd be thankful.

Thanks again for taking the time to help us and have a nice weekend,

Do you have syslog installled? Make sure that it is. In etc/syslog.conf,
for most Linux installations, you should have this line (or similar to it) in here:

# For ldm.
local0.debug                                            /home/ldm/logs/ldmd.log

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NIU_Weather                            **
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/niu.weather                           *

  • Search the ldm-users archives: