Re: [ldm-users] NOAAport update...aka "Fun Friday"...

But the transponders could start interfering days before it even reaches that point. The other broadcasters were successfully not interfered with on other satellites because they got transponders on other birds until G-15 moved past their home base. But the NWS doesn't have a backup bird to go to...and that's way so not cool.

and here I *thought* they were borrowing another bird to beam it back
to us on.. all they are doing is borrowing one to get it to Hawaii then to SES-1
how many of you's have steerable dishes on your NOAAport earth stations
to utilize a new bird ??

Folks, make sure your EMWIN and backup feeds are ready. UNIDATA, is there
ANY way we can get an Internet/Internet2 NOAAport feed for 5 days to be
turned on manually until this event is over with? Can we beg, grovel, take
someone out to dinner or far better, give them a UNIDATA T-shirt to have
a backup NOAAport feed through this mess?

not holding my breath here...would be super!! but.....

  • Search the ldm-users archives: